Project-based learning curriculum focused on creating and using a prairie pocket garden for learning on your school ground. 3-hour graduate credit is available. FREE for K-12th educators.
Where: Dyck Arboretum in Hesston, KS
When: Monday, June 6, through Friday, June 10, 2022
Project Learning Tree
- A multi-disciplinary Environmental Education program, focusing on plants and trees in particular as aids in environmental education.
- This program focuses on aquatic habitats.
Leopold Educational Project
- The Leopold Education Project is an interdisciplinary conservation curriculum based on the classic writings of renowned conservationist, Aldo Leopold.
The State coordinator for PLT, WILD, WET and LEP in Kansas is:
Education Programs & Outreach Director
Kansas Association for Conservation & Environmental Education (KACEE)
Phone: (785) 597-5452
Kansas Association for Conservation and Environmental Education (KACEE)
- hosts an annual training workshop in the fall. Wide membership from government, the private sector and the E.E. community.
Write: KACEE, 2610 Claflin Rd., Manhattan KS 66502-2743
Call: (785) 532-3322
Fax: (785) 532-3305
Email: Laura Downey email@example.com
Kansas Association of Teachers of Science (KATS)
- Hosts an annual training workshop in the spring. It is a state chapter of the National Science Teachers Association. Check the website for current contact information.
Kansas Association of Biological Teachers (KABT)
- Fall meeting, spring field trip, Internet listserve, newsletter, regional workshops & seminars and The Kansas Biology Teacher journal. Check the website for current contact information.
National Association for Interpretation
- The professional organization for the interpretive field.
The web site for the regional section (Region 6) for the southern Great Plains area may be reached by clicking here.
E E Link
- A website devoted to environmental education links on the internet.
It is maintained by the North American Association for Environmental Education, with support from the U.S. Environmental Protection Agency.
The U.S. Environmental Protection Agency has an online listing of EE resources.
Wichita Educational Sites
- Sedgwick County Zoo
- Exploration Place
- W.A.T.E.R. center in Herman Hill Park
- Great Plains Transportation Museum
- Kansas African American Museum
- Kansas Aviation Museum
- Kansas Humane Society
- Kansas Firefighters Museum
- Kansas Sports Hall of Fame
- Mid-America All-Indian Center
- Museum of World Treasures
- Old Cowtown Museum
- Wichita Public Library
- Wichita-Sedgwick County Historical Museum
- Ulrich Museum of Art
- Wichita Art Museum
- Wichita Center for the Arts
- Wichita Arts Calendar
- Wichita Visitors Guide
- Wichita Chamber of Commerce
- The Nature Conservancy
- Nature Conservancy Kansas Office
- U. S. Environmental Protection Agency
- Bat Conservation International
- Center for North American Herpetology
- Society for Conservation Biology
- Kansas Biological Survey
- Kansas Herpetological Society
- Kansas Ornithological Society
- Kansas Native Plant Society
- Kaw Valley Mycological Society
- Sierra Club
- Kansas Chapter of the Sierra Club
- National Audubon Society
- Wichita Audubon Society
- Sedgwick County Department of Environmental Resources
- Environmental News Network