Discovery Boxes may now be checked out! To reduce surface transmission of COVID-19, boxes will have a four day buffer period in between check outs.
Discovery Boxes are checked out within the Wichita area. Each box contains printed and hands-on materials. Boxes are checked out for up to two weeks.
The Kansas Box may only be checked out for one week in the month of January.
Contact: Emily Davis
Phone: 316-683-5499 or email@example.com
When requesting a box, please include this form:
If you want to know what is in each box, you may download the contents checklists by using the links next to each title below.
OTHER TEACHING RESOURCES
Project-based learning curriculum focused on creating and using a prairie pocket garden on your school ground. Graduate credit is available. FREE for educators.
Where: Dyck Arboretum in Hesston, KS
When: Monday, June 1, through Friday, June 5, 2020
Project Learning Tree
- A multi-disciplinary Environmental Education program, focusing on plants and trees in particular as aids in environmental education.
- This program focuses on aquatic habitats.
Leopold Educational Project
- The Leopold Education Project is an interdisciplinary conservation curriculum based on the classic writings of renowned conservationist, Aldo Leopold.
The State coordinator for PLT, WILD, WET and LEP in Kansas is:
Education Programs & Outreach Director
Kansas Association for Conservation & Environmental Education (KACEE)
Phone: (785) 597-5452
Kansas Association for Conservation and Environmental Education (KACEE)
- hosts an annual training workshop in the fall. Wide membership from government, the private sector and the E.E. community.
Write: KACEE, 2610 Claflin Rd., Manhattan KS 66502-2743
Call: (785) 532-3322
Fax: (785) 532-3305
Email: Laura Downey firstname.lastname@example.org
Kansas Association of Teachers of Science (KATS)
- Hosts an annual training workshop in the spring. It is a state chapter of the National Science Teachers Association. Check the website for current contact information.
Kansas Association of Biological Teachers (KABT)
- Fall meeting, spring field trip, Internet listserve, newsletter, regional workshops & seminars and The Kansas Biology Teacher journal. Check the website for current contact information.
National Association for Interpretation
- The professional organization for the interpretive field.
The web site for the regional section (Region 6) for the southern Great Plains area may be reached by clicking here.
E E Link
- A website devoted to environmental education links on the internet.
It is maintained by the North American Association for Environmental Education, with support from the U.S. Environmental Protection Agency.
The U.S. Environmental Protection Agency has an online listing of EE resources.