The Inktober Challenge. Art on the Trail is putting on a new face this year as we delve into the artistic celebration of #Inktober with an inky, outdoor art challenge. Connect with nature and exercise your creative muscles all month long.
Creating art? You can win $100 if you submit to our #Inktober art contest!
Inktober is a practice started by Jake Parker:
“[Jake] created Inktober in 2009 as a challenge to improve his inking skills and develop positive drawing habits. It has since grown into a worldwide endeavor with thousands of artists taking on the challenge every year.”
At the end of the day, Inktober is about creating art and putting it out there. It's a challenge for all artists, hobbyists, and creatives to defeat the blank page and develop good habits. This year, we want to encourage a connection with the outdoors through art and observation. So get outside, build connections, and be sure to tag us with your finished art.
So what are the rules?
There really aren't rules. Create however you're comfortable, and incorporate ink in your art.
Follow the art prompts listed above. We hope you'll venture outside to work on the starred prompts.
Use the hashtag #inktoberonthetrail so others can see your work.
Explore, grow, and have fun!
Art on the Trail Contest: Win cash prizes!
- One entry per person, pick your favorite piece
- Art must be submitted in the online form in order to be considered
- $100 for 1st place, 10 free prints of your artwork
- $50 for runner-up
- Artwork must be submitted by Oct. 31st at midnight
- Winners will be announced on Monday, Nov 2nd at 7pm
- Prints of winning of artwork will be available for purchase in the Owl's Nest Gift Shop
Successful pieces will include:
- Original art made during Inktober 2020
- Incorporation of ink
- Creative use of the prompt
- Representation of nature in the Great Plains ecoregion