- Saturday October 14, 2023 from 4PM to 7PM Make Art + Grab a Glass of Wine + Inspire Our Community!
Bob Gress Wildlife Observatory
During summer months, peek in on our demonstration honeybee hive. Watch the workers fill the space with wax and honey, and follow their travels out the tunnel into the park.
The Coleman Auditorium seats nearly 200 people and is suitable for programs, meetings and seminars relating to wildlife and the outdoors.
Completion of the Coleman Auditorium was made possible by a generous donation from The Coleman Company.
Koch Habitat Hall
is the centerpiece of the Great Plains Nature Center. The 3,500 square feet of displays within it were completed during the summer of 2000, with our GRAND OPENING on Labor Day Weekend, September 1. A generous grant from the Fred C. and Mary R. Koch Foundation allowed us to finish this part of the nature center. The Roybal Corporation was the general contractor for the exhibit hall.
Koch Habitat Hall features include...
- Prairies, Wetlands & Rivers, Woodlands exhibits
- The climate of the Great Plains and the effects of European settlement
- Hands-on area for interactive learning
- 2,200-gallon aquarium, featuring local sport fishes
- Bob Gress Wildlife Observatory
- Rotating live animal exhibits
The beautiful murals adorning the exhibits are the Handiwork of John Lencicki and Kent Pendleton.