As a Friend of the Great Plains Nature Center you will receive advance notice of all events at the GPNC through our newsletter, Prairie Reflections. Plus, you'll receive a Friends-only discount in the Owl's Nest Gift Shop and invitations to special Friends-only events. And you'll have the satisfaction of knowing your membership dollars are being used to support our educational mission.
The Supporting Membership
Bison - $500 per year (limited ed. wildlife art prints available for donors at this level)
Bald Eagle - $250 per year (limited ed. wildlife art prints available for donors at this level)
Pronghorn - $100 per year
Family of Educator (K-college) - $25 per year
Family of Senior (age 62+) - $25 per year
Family - $40 per year
Life Member - $1,000 or more
(life members are recognized with a plaque on the donor wall in the lobby)
Individual - $25 per year
Educator or Student - $15 per year
Senior (age 62+) - $15 per year
You may also call the Owl’s Nest Gift Shop at (316) 683-5499 ext. 111 to set up or renew your membership.
Benefits of membership include:
- 10% discounts on purchases at our gift shop (excluding sale or special-offer merchandise).
- Invitations to Friends-only events.
If you are interested in the natural history of the prairies of North America and want to support the efforts of the GPNC to provide public education in that area, please consider joining our Friends group!
THE FRIENDS BOARD
These are the members of the Board of Directors of the Friends of the GPNC for 2018.
Board elections are in February.
- Todd Lewis: President
- Heather Bowman: President-elect
- Don Setchell: Secretary
- Karen Montiel: Treasurer
- Bob Gress: Vice President
- Jim Mason: Vice President
- Mike Leck: Business Manager
- Susan Bowers
- Jessica Mounts
- Brad Rice
- Tom Hein
- John VanWalleghen
- Jay Super
- Marylee Ramsay
- Jim Marlett
- Tonya Bronleewe
- Amy Fellows Cline
- Mark Dick
- Amanda Alessi - ex officio for City of Wichita Parks & Recreation
- Lori Jones - ex officio for U.S. Fish & Wildlife Service
- Marc Murrell - ex officio for Kansas Wildlife, Parks & Tourism
DO YOU HAVE A DILLONS PLUS CARD?
You can help support the FGPNC just by shopping at Dillons if you designate us as the recipient of the Dillons Community Rewards associated with your card. It's easy, and if you chose us in 2017, your support will carry over to 2018!
Support our organization:
- Go to dillons.com/communityrewards
- Sign in to your Plus Card account
- Click the orange “Enroll Now” button
- Enter our number 64512 into the search box, or you can find us by entering “Friends of the Great Plains Nature Center”
- Select our organization, click “Enroll,” and you’re done! Thank you!