The Friends of the Great Plains Nature Center is our nonprofit partner and offers our principal membership program.
Our Friends bring individuals and community-minded organizations together to support the vision of inspiring stewardship of the natural world through exceptional experiences to benefit future generations.
By joining today you will:
- Bring nature education to over 50,000 students in central Kansas
- Improve Great Plains Nature Center amenities
- Provide food and veterinary care for our animal ambassadors at the Great Plains Nature Center and Kansas Wildlife Exhibit in Riverside Park
- Nurture one of the largest urban parks in Kansas
- Support four full-time and four part-time staff positions serving at the Great Plains Nature Center in Wichita, KS
YOU'VE HELPED US MAKE A BIG DIFFERENCE THIS YEAR!
PLANNED GIVING CHANGES LIVES
The Friends of the Great Plains Nature Center, Inc. is a 501(c)(3) nonprofit organization with an EIN of 48-1207926. Our address is 6232 E. 29th St. N. Wichita, KS 67220-2200. Please consult with your CPA, Attorney, or Professional Advisor when making planned gifts.
The Friends of the Great Plains Nature Center, Inc. Board of Directors
Board elections are held each February.
President: Tonya Bronleewe
President-elect: Kathy Frieze
Secretary: Sarah Shaffer
Treasurer: Caroline Gadbury
Vice President: Bob Gress
Vice President: Jim Mason
Vice President: Susan Bowers
Vice President: Lorrie Beck
Vice President: Charles Cope
John Van Wallaghen
Mary Liz Jameson
Amy Fellows Cline
Amanda Alessi - ex officio for City of Wichita Parks & Recreation
Emily Davis - ex officio for Kansas Department of Wildlife and Parks
Victoria Burnett - ex officio for U.S. Fish and Wildlife Service